- This event has passed.
Join us at the Oregon Coast in September, the weekend after Labor Day, for an intimate Seafood and Spirits Festival hosted by the Port of Garibaldi and presented by Visit Tillamook Coast!
The Port of Garibaldi Seafood and Spirits Festival is supported, in part, by a grant funded by Transient Lodging Tax dollars through Tillamook Coast Visitors Association will take place from September 8 -10 at our event venue that overlooks the Port’s marina and the beautiful Tillamook Bay.
This inaugural event was created with the vision to educate, bring awareness, and highlight the abundance of fresh seafood in our local community. This 3-day event will be an immersive experience where our guests can not only sample Oregon spirits, but also taste freshly harvested local seafood like oysters, seaweed and mussels.
We will feature 12+ local Oregon distilleries, wineries and cideries who will be selling product samples, glasses, canned cocktails and/or bottles of their products. There will be over 20 other seafood centric vendors selling their food, art, products, and wares.
Our main stage will have live musical performances by Chad Rupp and the Sugar Roots, N.E. DayNow, Mercury Coast, North County Blues, Katelyn Convery Band, Scott Casey and the Unsung Heroes, Ronni Kay and Lauren Sheehan & Great Auntie Lo Band.
The event will also be jam packed with educational demonstrations and seafood sampling by local seafood experts and chefs each day to include:
- Kelly “the Blade” Barnett from the Spot will be giving a fish fileting demonstration (Friday).
- Todd Perman & Tom Krupica Todd Perman & Tom Krupica of JAndy Oyster will be giving free samples after an oyster shucking demonstration (Friday and Saturday).
- Alanna Kieffer of Shifting Tides will be giving a cooking demonstration with mussels harvested out of the Tillamook Bay and seaweed grown in Garibaldi at Oregon Seaweed (Saturday).
- Executive Brand Chef for Blue Evolution, Maylin Chavez will be joined on stage by Tommy Gomes, the host of the TV show “The Fishmonger”, for an albacore tuna cooking demonstration (Saturday).
- Executive Chef Dennis Cavitt from Garibaldi Portside Bistro will be giving a salmon gravlax demo (Sunday).
- Clair Thomas, Director of Education for Garibaldi Cultural Heritage, and U.S. Historic Boathouse programs will be demonstrating how to clean and crack a crab (Saturday 1pm, 3pm and 5pm / Sunday 1:30pm and 2:30pm).
Want the full seafood culinary experience? Our Friday and Saturday VIP tickets get you access to a seafood dinner experience (and smoked meats, too!) catered by Garibaldi Portside Bistro in the VIP tent.
Come sample all the delicious seafood and spirits, learn how to crack and clean a crab, filet a fish, shuck an oyster, incorporate tuna, mussels or seaweed into a meal and much more!
Tickets are available here: https://aftontickets.com/POGSeafoodFest
We would like to thank all our generous sponsors for making this event possible! In addition to Visit Tillamook Coast being the presenting sponsor, the festival is also sponsored by Tillamook County Cultural Coalition, Grocery Outlet, the Confederate Tribes of Siletz Indians, TLC, Fibre Federal, Vacasa, Berkshire Hathaway NW Real Estate – Garibaldi Office, Pacific Metal, the Oregon Albacore Commission, the Oregon Dungeness Crab Commission, Oregon Coast Bank, and Englund Marine.
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest updates and schedule of events!
For more information about the event or to volunteer, please contact the event coordinator, Laura Schmidt, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 503-374-1424.
Event Location: Port of Garibaldi Event Tent, 107 Jerry Creasy Way, Garibaldi, OR 97118