- This event has passed.
Come join Trailkeepers of Oregon as we continue work on the Oregon Coast Trail at Oswald West State Park! With your help we’ll be doing tread maintenance and brushing on the Cape Falcon Trail. Plan to hike less than a mile to the work area and work using hand digging tools, loppers, and hand saws. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary — you’ll be working with experienced crew leaders who will teach you all you need to know. We’ll end the day with TKO-provided beverages and salty snacks. We will work in moderate rain, but will cancel or leave if weather becomes unsafe or impedes our ability to do quality work.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. No tennis shoes allowed!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
Hiking Stats: Less than one mile over gently sloping terrain.
Directions: Detailed directions will be provided via email 2 days before the trail party.